Brooklyn Athletic Club - Front Office Associate
Real people. Real work. Real results.
Our founder Larry Betz states, “At Brooklyn Athletic Club, we strive to give our clients the most dynamic training experience possible every time they walk through our doors.”
Brooklyn Athletic Club isn't just a gym, it's a training facility. We’re here to help our clients reach their specific goals and improve their performance. Whether our clients opt to train alone or to participate in one of our uniquely programmed group or personalized training memberships, we are committed to offering them a supportive, knowledgeable, and passionate community to help achieve their fitness goals. Our passion is to give our clients the best training experience possible. Every member of our staff, from our founding director to our freshest intern, is responsible for upholding our mission.
A bigger facility is not better. More equipment is not better. Better is just better. Not only for our clients, but for our staff. We believe we have the best staff in the business, from our multi-talented world class personal training team to our dedicated and drivenfront office staff. As a front office associate at Brooklyn Athletic Club, you will be a member of a tightly knit teamthat believes passionately in personal fitness and in helping our members. As the first person our members see when they walk in andthe last person they see when they depart after a great workout, our front office staffmakes a dynamite impression with every single interaction. This takes determination, a positive attitude, a winning smile, and heaps of professionalism.
Brooklyn Athletic Club is currently seeking three part-time Front Office Associates for our location on 8 Berry Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Candidates must be willing to work all shifts during operating hours: 5:30 am to 10:30 pm. Shifts range from 5-7 hours. Candidates are expected to work an average of 22 hours per week, primarily during opening shifts.
Interested? Send email with your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Primary Job responsibilities:
· Provide the highest level of customer service to members, prospective members, and guests
· Appropriately greet members and guests as they arrive and depart (we know our members by their first name and we expect you to as well)
· Check in members by scanning membership IDs or manually checking in as necessary using Mind Body
· Maintaining and update member accounts – payment information, contact information, other changes
· Giving tours of the facility to prospective members
· Driving membership sales, follow-up and retention, escalating to senior management as necessary
· Assisting members with scheduling training sessions, classes, and services
· Assisting the training staff with changes in class and/or training schedules
· Process sales of retail items and products offered at the front desk
· Answering phones and emails from members, staff, and business partners
· Processing and acting on client feedback, escalating where necessary
· Coordinating with maintenance and attendant service as necessary
· Maintain an orderly lobby area
· Actively learnand increase knowledge of BAC services and products
· Attend at least 4 classes at BAC per month
· Reliable and professional - we start our shifts on time every day, all year long
· Demonstrates the highest integrity and honesty at all times
· Energetic and friendly, with the ability to deal with lots of different people during your shift
· Ability to become an expert in all BAC services and products
· Experience with Mind Body platform or similar membership management tools is a significant plus
· Passionate and driven in health, fitness, nutrition, or sport
· Candidates with fitness industry education, knowledge, or expertise will be given top consideration
As a member of the BAC Team, you will receive:
· Competitive hourly rate
· Complimentary BAC membership with access to our fitness equipment and classes (yoga, pilates, spin, cardio, strength) including our endless pools and our infrared saunas
· Discounts on services and products, including a friends and family program
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.